Home



    The Club was founded in 1905 and is situated on the site of the old railway station, Instow, near the confluence of the Taw and Torridge rivers.  With a 7m tidal range the estuary provides challenging sailing conditions for sailors of all experiences, within the Bideford Bar and beyond into the Bristol Channel.

    The Club has a number of training boats ranging from Picos and Lasers to Wayfarers and two new Laser Bahias.  During the Season we run races most weekends, weather permitting! The Club hosts many national events and also training for Cadets and Adults. All sailors are welcome - even if you just fancy coming down for a chat and a beer.

    Events

     

    The bar is now open Friday evenings 1900 - 2200 and Sunday lunchtimes 1200 - 1500, and for two hours after racing.  


    Caroline is providing hot meals on the first two Sundays of the month only.

    Bideford Bar Buoy

    As of 26 August 2014, Bideford Bar Buoy is not on station, and was last seen heading towards Croyde.  NM will be promulgated when it is available.

    1 by 1


    Mariners are advised that following a recent survey The Middle Ridge Bank between the Bideford Bar buoy and the Middle Ridge buoy has encroached into the fairway and has just crossed the buoy to buoy line with depths at Bideford Bar being reduced to 0.8m LAT.

    Mariners are advised to exercise extreme caution when navigating in the area


     

     
       Sir Richard Peek Bt
    Cdre
     Pete Ewing
    VCdre
     John Barnett
    RCdre
     


    Č
    Ċ
    Thom Flaxman,
    26 Oct 2012 01:23